“If you don’t create change, change will create you”
Do you feel overwhelmed, anxious, sad or stuck? Are you unsure of what to do or where to turn? I can help you begin to move away from what you don’t want and move toward the life you do want. Together we can identify the areas where you feel stuck or unhappy, and begin to move you towards healing and positive change.
I work with people experiencing:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Past Childhood Abuse or Trauma
- Low Self-esteem
- Life Transitions
- Problems in their Relationship or Marriage
- Parenting Issues
- Personal Growth and Self Discovery
- Specializing in separation and divorce recovery
Some of the approaches I use in counseling are:
Looking at the relationship between your thoughts, feelings and behaviors, how they influence the way you see your world. Working toward ending self-criticism and low self-worth, identifying how to create healthy satisfying relationships and gaining tools to manage and resolve conflict. I see my role as not only as an empathetic non-judgmental listener, but also as an educator, helping people understand what healthy functioning relationships look like.
Some of the benefits people have experienced:
- Increased ability to handle and manage stress
- Increase in overall happiness
- Identifying and creating loving relationships, recognizing dysfunctional ones
- Reclaiming, rebuilding self after separation or divorce
- Putting more self into one’s life without feeling selfish.
- Less sleepwalking through life and more awareness, aliveness and connection
- More patience and peace in parenting
- Renewing, reconnecting to dreams
My counseling approach is strength-based, meaning I believe you have the strengths and resources for your own empowerment and I honor your position as the expert in your life. Through our work together you will build a strong foundation, a deep sense of knowing of who you are and what you stand for, that will allow you to meet the stresses and challenges in your life with strength and clarity. The beauty of living from a place of strength is that you are no longer easily shaken by the complexities in your everyday world. You come to see your world clearly, and you are able to move through it from a position of respect and power.